Sunday 15 June 2008

Food, only for thought

"Thou shalt become the animal thy shall devour"
-Joseph, New testament, Psalm 11:5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom tells me that the first words I ever spoke were," Mom i'd like some kakori kebabs". Even in school I was often punished during the assembly because I would say,

"Our Father in heaven,
Give us this day our daily chicken wings,
Hallowed be thy name"

I figured if everyday we are going to stand here in a line and ask god for something, might as well ask for something worthwhile, if HE ever relents. The world has misunderstood me since.

Some strange folks (vegetarians) often tell me that chicken, goats, ducks, prawns and lobsters are all Gods creations and we must treat them with respect. You mean God created goats so that I could respect it? While millions go hungry, innocent lambs could prance around in grassy meadows? I always thought God created them so that I could have some great roomali and liver curry.

Im deliberately being insensitive here because Im distraught. Ive realised that these strange folks and even stranger folks (the converts) are right after all.

You see all these Gods wonderful creations that we often consume come with a lot of masala oil grease and fat. They have a tendency to stick around your tummy and waist and refuse to budge. Such was my condition as I made that painful pilgrimage to a local gym about a month back. Now a gym is a scary place. It is full of men and women who are grunting, screaming and huffing, secreting copious amounts of sweat which makes them smell like the goats and pigs they once consumed. (refer quote)

It was a glimpse of hell,and I looked like a frightened lamb (refer quote) but my trainer gently assured me.
Trainer: Anybody can have great abs by quitting rice, mutton,fast food,anything sweet, smoking and drinking.
Me: No sweat, eh!
Trainer: Sorry cant promise you that.

Trainers dont have a sense of humour and they ably demonstrate it while laying down your daily regimen. Ive spent the last month grunting and panting without an iota of difference and begging God for his forgiveness for each and every one his wonderful creation I mistakenly massacred on the dinner table.

It is therefore with a heavy heart I confess that I , tushar verma, am contemplating conversion.

"Our Father in heaven,
Give us this day our daily green leafy vegetables,
Hallowed be thy name"

Amen.

11 comments:

Quaintzy Patchez said...

*dormant commenter* :|

Smoochy said...

Seriously?! You r thinkin of skippin to the other side? WTF is wrong with you?

Oh well, i guess you'll truly deserve what you get.

Quaintzy Patchez said...

What? i thought that was a joke! are you.. no please no!!! :(

ugh, you have the power to _actually_ turn dormant commenters to active ones...

Ratzzz said...

or roomali and paya....

or poori and ginger chicken....

or rice and fish curyy....

mmmm.. mouth watering....

u try to convert i'll provide with enuf temptations to seduce u back....

- d lucifer

Quaintzy Patchez said...

stranger: please do! these men are like.. last of the race :D

Quaintzy Patchez said...

So where is the Dormant Blogger turned Blogger Gangadhar Tilak (aka TDV)?

"Blogging is my birth right and I shall have it!"

Uthiye, jaagiye, ladiye apne adhikaar keliye :D

Unknown said...

Enjoy your remorse in the gym... I'll devour (your share too) god's beautiful creation...do ask for forgiveness on my part :)

तुषार वर्मा said...

@patchez: nah, too much effort

@sameer: u cant teach an old dog new tricks. ive quit gymming only.

Quaintzy Patchez said...

hehe.. though why not do a silent march - to blogger.com? doesnt even require getting up from your chair? :O

Swapnil said...

TDV, apart from quitting gym you seem to have given up blogging too. Cmon man, we need some entertainment - especially as a Monday morning approaches...

Nidhi said...

U wrote this 1.5 years ago and u had a KFC bucket this weekend!!Thank God u were serious about the gymming. btw just curious, how do u smell afterwards.....like a pig or a goat. :)