Friday 28 November 2008

Dostana

I saw Dostana. I should'nt have. Infact I want my money back. Dont get me wrong, it was a decent funny watchable film. But spending 200 bucks and a quarter of a weekend to watch karan johar's wet dream come true on the big screen isnt my idea of wholesome fun. A man to man smooch, rampant male nudity, hundreds of gay innuendos and characters; Basically, watching the gala, gay goings on of these graduates of Middlesex University became too much for me to handle.

I mean compare that to a Bachna Ae Haseeno. One man, three women, 5 smooches great songs and a title song which went, 'Watch out ladies, I have come' leaving you in no doubt of the male protagonist's potency or orientation, is my idea of a good value for money movie.

In the movie Dostana, there are three main characters. John Abraham's performance can be summed up in a neat mathematical equation:

No. of acting expressions = 2/5 times the no. of abs

AB jr junior acted well and dressed badly. He makes a rather crude joke about Gabbar Singh being gay. Considering, in the same movie, your own father rode on bikes while carrying a man on his shoulders and played the mouth organ in solitude. Really AB baby, the pot should'nt call the kettle black.

And poor poor Priyanka Chopra. Barely, had she come out of the world of 'Fashion' where every man woman and table is swinging the other way, that she lands herself in a house with two gay men. No wonder she has lost faith in mankind and found solace in the arms of her man Baweja. Though one doubts, she is likely to get much quantum of it, considering he really really admires Hrithik and wants to be just like him.

6 comments:

Buls said...

Dot on... but its time pass... better than Karz... Ek Vivah aisa bhi and what not

Quaintzy Patchez said...

Achchha aisa??

I'm not watching Dostana then... :[

waise what of that PG13 filter?

तुषार वर्मा said...

filter not required now. i turned 14 yesterday.

Quaintzy Patchez said...

Yesterday?

No kidding, this post was written _way_ before "yesterday". And yes, we* are still ten!

*your blog readers

Abhishek Thakur said...

I agree- after watching the movie. It lacks a coherent, convincing screenplay. And both protagonists lack the punch SRK and Saif conjured up in KHNH!
Plus there are way too many close ups...Even piggy chops n her hot bod cant help the viewers getting tired! ;-)

Anas said...

I see that you have not posted any blog in a while.