Monday 10 December 2007

Unoriginal Sin

An assorted collection of some great lines from some of my favourite movies. Feel free to suggest a few of your own. Almost every other blog you, wisely, dont read, has a compilation like this. But you know whats the difference betwen me and them. I will make this look good*.
Here goes

" Oh, Don't be ridiculous Alex, Everybody wants to be us"
- Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestley in The Devil wears Prada
( You see this movie and you would want to snatch the oscar from Helen Mirren's hands and hand it over to Meryl)

" S: You really like yourself, dont you?
K: Yes, I'm my favourite"
- Jab We Met
( I have blogged about this earlier)

" You make me want to be a better man"
- Jack Nicholson, As good as it gets

" I want to be new again"
- Meryl Streep, Adaptation
( Spike Jonze's metaphysical movie making. by far, the most intelligent movie i've ever seen)

" When there is absolutely no hope, there is complete freedom"
- Fight Club

" Servant: Baba saheb juice.
HR: Murali, geyser on kar dena"
- Hrithik, Lakshya
(reminded me of me)

" Jo ladki apne baap ko thag sakti hai wo kisi aur ki sagi kya hogi"
- Omkara

" Atma ki santi mein, nafa nuksan nahin dekhte"
- Pankaj Kapoor, Blue Umbrella
( if you ever come across a better performance, let me know. I will disagree)

" Gilauri khaya karo gulfam, zabaan kaaboo mein rehti hai"
- Pankaj Kapoor, Maqbool

" I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... ... ... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst.... ... ... and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry, you will someday."
- Kevin Spacey as Lester Burnham in American Beauty.( courtesy imdb)

"You have to do the best with what God gave you."
- Forrest Gump

" Benjamin: Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me?
....
Mrs. R: Do you want me to seduce you? "
- The Graduate

"I'm his father. You're the guy _____ his mom."
- Thank you for smoking
(one of the many fantafabulous lines in this flick)

" Wo meri beti ki saheli thi. Chutti manane humare ghar aayi thi..."
- AB, Nishabd
(easily one of old man's best performances)

*- Will Smith, Men In Black
( The would-be first black president of USA)

4 comments:

vijay said...

how about this one: We don't sell Tic Tacs, for Christ's sake, we sell cigarettes. And they're cool, available, and addictive. The job is almost done for us.
from thank you for somking

Life of Mi said...

Some More -
Taxi Driver - "You talking to me"

Godfather 2 - "Just when I thought, I was out - they pull me right back in"

Godfather 1 - "My children talk when they should be listening"

Chupke Chupke - The whole bloody movie

Namesake - "one day you will understand - we aaaall came out of Gogol's overcoat"

Karma - "Is thappad ki goonj suni tumne"

An Amused Soul said...

Big Lebowski: The rug tied the room together

Casablanca: Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine

Apocalypse Now: I love the smell of napalm in the morning...smells like...victory.

Agnipath: topi sambhaalo, hawa tez chalta hai... what the hell, the film is written by the great Kader Khan. All the lines are going to be great.

Smoochy said...

Add the whole movie 'Gunda'. It'll change your perspective on cinema and its scope!